Adult Road Test – Carrollton
Adult Road Test for ages 18 and older may now take Texas Department of Public Safety Road Test exam at Drive Smart Driving School located in Carrollton, Texas. Drive Smart is a Third Party Skills Testing (TPST) authorized school.
In order to behind the wheel Adult Road Test at Drive Smart you must:
- Be 18-24 years of age, have completed the adult driver education course in its entirety and have a restricted driver license (Learners License) and completed the Impact Texas Young Drivers (ITYD) program.
- Be 25 years of age or older and have a restricted driver license (Learners License) and completed the Impact Texas Young Drivers (ITYD) program.
- Steps to follow:
- You must have a valid restricted driver license (Learners License). If you do not have one, and are age 25 or older you may take the written skills test at any Department of Public Safety OR attend an adult 6 hour class at Drive Smart. The written test is given during the 6 hour class which is required for adults ages 18 to 24. After completion of the course you will need to go to the nearest Department of public Safety for processing. You may enroll in our adult 6 hour class by clicking this link.
- Anyone taking a Adult Road Test 18 and older (even 25 plus), must watch “Impact Texas Young Drivers.” You can register for it here:
3. Anyone taking a driving skills test MUST present their ITYD completion certificate together with any required driver education certificates.
All applicants who have completed the program have 90 days from the date on their ITYD certificate to pass the driving skills exam. If not passed, the course must be taken again.
If you would like to take some lessons with us prior to testing or if you wish to have a warm-up lesson you may purchase those by following this link.
If you are ready to Adult Road Test with Drive Smart Driving School you may view our online schedule and reserve your spot.
By making payment you agree to understanding the Cancellation/Refund Policy.
Cost is $60 for the Adult Road Test and you may choose to optionally use our car for an additional $25. This is to be paid upon scheduling via PayPal (you do not need to have a PayPal account to pay). No Checks accepted. Once you click “Continue” you will be asked for payment.
You will be allowed two (2) attempts to pass the driving skills test. Drive smart does not guarantee that anyone will pass. You must perform at a 70% or better using the Texas DPS Standard COPS grading examination procedure. If an individual fails both attempts they may pay to test again or go to the Texas Department of Public Safety for behind the wheel testing.
If you have questions about what to bring
please call us at 972-446-2200 during normal business hours.
Our location of the road test is:
You must have all of the following with you when you road test:
- A valid Restricted Learners License.
- Impact Texas Young or Adult Drivers Certificate (This certificate will expire after 90 days)
- If using your own vehicle: Valid Insurance Card, registration and a vehicle capable of passing inspection. Car used for the test must have a current registration sticker on the windshield and proper license plates on the car. It is state law that a car registered in the state of Texas MUST have a metal front and back license plate ON the exterior of the car unless there is a valid Texas Buyer’s paper plate for a recently purchased vehicle. Proof of valid, unexpired automobile liability insurance for the car being used for test. The Texas Liability card must be brought with the documents for check in. We cannot accept an electronic or digital copy.
- Be 18 or older.
- Drive Smart provides third party road testing, but only the Texas Department of Pubic Safety can issue a drivers license. Once you test, You will still need to take a picture at the DPS to actually have a Texas Drivers License.
Cancellation/Refund Policy: There will be no refund for no-shows not having the required paperwork, or cancellations made within 24 hours of appointment. If you would like to reschedule your appointment call 972-446-2200 during normal business hours. To cancel your appointment and receive a refund, please make sure you do so at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment. You will receive two attempts to pass. After that a retesting fee for those that do not pass on the second attempt is $60.
Key Words Cloud:
Adult Road Test, Road Test, Road Test CARROLLTON, Road Test MCKINNEY , Road Test ALLEN , Road Test FRISCO , Road Test PLANO , Road Test PROSPER , Road Test COPPELL, Road Test GRAPEVINE , Road Test RICHARDSON , Road Test DALLAS , Road Test WYLIE , Road Test THE COLONY , Road Test LITTLE ELM , Road Test FAIRVIEW , Road Test LEWISVILLE , Road Test CARROLLTON , Road Test HEBRON , TEXAS Road Test , Road Test DENTON , Road Test SAVANNAH, driver ed, Road Test, Adult Road Test, addison, allen, arlington, azle, bedford, benbrook, burleson, carrollton, cedar hill, cleburne, colleyville, coppell, corinth, crowley, dallas, denton, desoto, euless, farmers branch, flower mound, forest hill, fort worth, garland, grand prairie, grapevine, greenville, haltom city, highland park, highland village, hurst, irving, keller, lake dallas, lancaster, lewisville, little elm, mansfield, mckinney, mesquite, north richland hills, plano, quinlan, richardson, richland hills, rockwall, saginaw, southlake, terrell, the colony, university park, watauga, defensive Driving , In-Car Lessons , Road Test , Drivers Ed , Road Test, Behind the wheel test CARROLLTON, Behind the wheel test FRISCO, Behind the wheel test PLANO,Behind the wheel test COPPELL, Behind the wheel test GRAPEVINE, Texas Behind the wheel test.