Schedule your Teen Road Test Online
No matter where you live in Texas or took drivers ed, Drive Smart Driving School is fully authorized by the State to provide the Texas Department of Public Safety road test to individuals ages 16 – 24. Students from Parent taught, online, and other driving schools may road test (behind the wheel) with us for $60.
No more long waits and easy online scheduling and payment.
Please be-aware that You must present all of the following documents at the time of your scheduled test. You can view a comprehensive list here.
If you have questions about what to bring
please call us at 972-446-2200 during normal business hours.
Our location of the road test is:
You must have all of the following with you when you road test:
- Certificate of Completion of TEEN Driver Education Course (Driver License Portion) or Certification of Completion of a Online or Parent Taught course.
- Impact Texas Teen Drivers Certificate (This certificate will expire after 90 days)
- Completed and signed 30 hour log.
- If using your own vehicle: Valid Insurance Card, registration and a vehicle capable of passing inspection. Car used for the test must have a current registration sticker on the windshield and proper license plates on the car. It is state law that a car registered in the state of Texas MUST have a metal front and back license plate ON the exterior of the car unless there is a valid Texas Buyer’s paper plate for a recently purchased vehicle. Proof of valid, unexpired automobile liability insurance for the car being used for test. The Texas Liability card must be brought with the documents for check in. We cannot accept an electronic or digital copy.
- Legal Guardian or Parent must be present during the test
- Valid Texas Learner License. We cannot test prior to the 6 month date listed on the reverse side of permit
- Be between the ages of 16 – 24
- Drive Smart provides road testing, but only the Texas Department of Pubic Safety can issue a drivers license. Once you test, You will still need to take a picture at the DPS to actually have a Texas Drivers License.
Individuals that completed an ADULT Driver Education Course or are over the age of 25 are not allowed to be tested by driving schools.
Cancellation/Refund Policy: There will be no refund for no-shows not having the required paperwork, or no legal guardian present at time of testing or cancellations made within 24 hours of appointment. If you would like to reschedule your appointment call 972-446-2200 during normal business hours. To cancel your appointment and receive a refund, please make sure you do so at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment. You will receive two attempts to pass. After that a retesting fee for those that do not pass on the second attempt is $25.
By making payment you agree to understanding the Cancellation/Refund Policy.
Cost is $60 to be paid upon scheduling via PayPal (you do not need to have a PayPal account to pay). No Checks accepted. Once you click “Continue” you will be asked for payment.